posted Feb 6, 2014, 10:50 AM by Hw W
updated Feb 6, 2014, 10:56 AM
SOCH Nepal, IHEU and IHEYO is organizing the 2 day conference "No Untouchability" April 17-18 in Kathmandu, Nepal followed by capacity traning for humanist leaders on April 19th.
This travel grant is available for members of Asian humanist organizations who are either
- between the age of 18 and 35 at the time of the conference
- or, holding a key position (such as president, secretary, committee member, etc) in an Asian humanist organization
Please indicate in the form which organization you belong to, as well as the other personal and travel details.
If your grant application is approved, you should prepare yourself for travel. If we allocate money to support your travel, and you cancel without a valid reason, it may affect your position to receive travel grants in the future.
- Local organizations decide who they want to propose for grant applications
- The organization/representative researches the most economical travel costs and drafts a budget for participation.
- This form is filled in by a leading representative of the organization, together with the delegate.
Please use one form per person who is applying for travel support.
Deadline for submissions is Feb 20th. If more funds are available, there will be a second round of applications, with a closing date in early March.
- The Grants Committee will decide on the allocation of the grants.
- Grant recipients will be informed of grant allocations as soon as possible after the closing date for applications, latest by Feb 28th.
- Book your tickets and get your visa if applicable, and confirm your itinerary before March 17th (if you fail to provide the confirmed itinerary, we reserve our rights to allocate the travel funds to somebody else).
- Arrive in Kathmandu by evening April 16th and stay until April 19th in the afternoon (you are of course free to arrive earlier and/or stay longer in Kathmandu or Nepal at your own cost).
- Grant recipients must provide IHEYO with invoices and/or receipts for their travel costs. IHEYO will make, at least, the contribution agreed in the grant application. If the balance is less than the grant provided, unused funds must be returned to IHEYO immediately, if applicable.
- Reimbursement of costs will be transferred to your account approx 2 weeks after you submit your receipts to IHEYO.